Author Topic: Running Aika Via Vm by KenjiMishima/GodOfTheSun[Win7 Edition]  (Read 22506 times)

KenjiMishima

• Just your friendly neighborhood pve scrub
    • View Profile
Re: Running Aika Via Vm by KenjiMishima/GodOfTheSun
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2013, 11:56:49 pm »
Yea why not? Since I have 16gb total in my lappy.
......I hate you I can only have 12 cause a 4 gig stick is built into the motherboard.
(Godlike)-KenjiMishima 85 War

Xellos

• Bunny Master is not a title, it's a way of life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2013, 12:29:06 pm »
......I hate you I can only have 12 cause a 4 gig stick is built into the motherboard.

So I guess I hated everyone in AIKA untill I bought that lappy cause I used to have like 700ish mb RAM PC before. xD
Xellos

KenjiMishima

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2013, 04:39:51 pm »

So I guess I hated everyone in AIKA untill I bought that lappy cause I used to have like 700ish mb RAM PC before. xD
And you played on that?

Xellos

• Bunny Master is not a title, it's a way of life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 03:29:12 am »

And you played on that?

Heck yeah. for about 2 and a half year. :P
Xellos

KenjiMishima

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 05:47:35 am »

And you played on that?

Heck yeah. for about 2 and a half year. :P
Damn..

Magureatari

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2013, 08:26:42 pm »
1. when running the vm and aika client, DO NOT MOVE YOUR CAMERA ANGLE VERY FAST WITH MOUSE.  The camera will move very fast and you will lag if you don't have a lot of ram

How to resolve the "the camera will move very fast and you will lag" problem:

- Run VMWare and power on your virtual machine.
- In the "Edit" tab, go into Preferences ( or just Ctrl+P ).
- On the left side of the Preferences menu, you'll see "Input", 2nd down on the list.
- In the "Input" section of Preferences, find the bottom cursor option that says "Optimize mouse for games". Some Virtual Machines may have this set to "Automatic" by default. Change this cursor option to "Always".
- After selecting "Always", click "OK" at the bottom to close the Preferences window and run Aika ( or any other game VMWare is being used for ).
- The fast-moving camera problem should now be solved.  :-*

Bare in mind while rotating the camera there is a high chance you will still lag from low frame-rate. However, the incredibly fast camera panning/movements will no longer ( or shouldn't ) take effect anymore when rotating the camera view, making it a lot easier to manage.

KenjiMishima

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2013, 09:48:49 pm »
1. when running the vm and aika client, DO NOT MOVE YOUR CAMERA ANGLE VERY FAST WITH MOUSE.  The camera will move very fast and you will lag if you don't have a lot of ram

How to resolve the "the camera will move very fast and you will lag" problem:

- Run VMWare and power on your virtual machine.
- In the "Edit" tab, go into Preferences ( or just Ctrl+P ).
- On the left side of the Preferences menu, you'll see "Input", 2nd down on the list.
- In the "Input" section of Preferences, find the bottom cursor option that says "Optimize mouse for games". Some Virtual Machines may have this set to "Automatic" by default. Change this cursor option to "Always".
- After selecting "Always", click "OK" at the bottom to close the Preferences window and run Aika ( or any other game VMWare is being used for ).
- The fast-moving camera problem should now be solved.  :-*

Bare in mind while rotating the camera there is a high chance you will still lag from low frame-rate. However, the incredibly fast camera panning/movements will no longer ( or shouldn't ) take effect anymore when rotating the camera view, making it a lot easier to manage.
Pretty good. I will add this to the main post later on.

Argon

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 08:38:20 am »
Hello, was hoping to get some help here, I've gotten the VMware set, the ISO, aika downloaded on the client. (VM one)
but I keep getting this issue of, "this application cannot run under virtual machine" I have added the code that was provided, in the right notepad too. I have also made sure to erase any value from the DriverDesc.

Any possible help?  :(

Magureatari

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2013, 12:04:14 pm »
Hello, was hoping to get some help here, I've gotten the VMware set, the ISO, aika downloaded on the client. (VM one)
but I keep getting this issue of, "this application cannot run under virtual machine" I have added the code that was provided, in the right notepad too. I have also made sure to erase any value from the DriverDesc.

The same thing happen to me when I tried using VMWare for the 1st time. Did you delete just 1 DriverDesc value or several? There's a LOT more than just one. Using Ctrl+F to search the registry helps a lot with taking care of the problem. What I did was kept deleting every value I found under each DriverDesc that came up using Ctrl+F, until everything finally worked as intended. Hope this solves the issue for you, too.

Argon

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2013, 12:59:44 pm »

The same thing happen to me when I tried using VMWare for the 1st time. Did you delete just 1 DriverDesc value or several? There's a LOT more than just one. Using Ctrl+F to search the registry helps a lot with taking care of the problem. What I did was kept deleting every value I found under each DriverDesc that came up using Ctrl+F, until everything finally worked as intended. Hope this solves the issue for you, too.

It worked, I could kiss you right about now, spent so much time trying to get it to work! Thanks  :)

Linux

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2013, 07:15:44 pm »
Is there any way to make the VM Play as well as the physical client? I only use windows for aika, otherwise i use Linux. Have been looking for a way to do this for years. If i dont care about how my system runs in the background, but only the VM, can i make it look and feel like its on the physical client?

KenjiMishima

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2013, 02:41:55 am »
Is there any way to make the VM Play as well as the physical client? I only use windows for aika, otherwise i use Linux. Have been looking for a way to do this for years. If i dont care about how my system runs in the background, but only the VM, can i make it look and feel like its on the physical client?

You might be able to do that but you would have to have a pretty amazing computer in that case.

UrDeAd666

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2013, 10:35:12 am »
I'm getting in error after installing windows 7, I installed home premium x64 and it fails to start the windows. Anyway to fix this?
It says "Windows has failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause."

File: /Windows/system32/winlaod.exe
Info: Attempting to load a 64-bit application, however this CPU is not compatible with 64-bit mode.
Also tell me to restart and repair my computer.

When i try to open it after I clsoe it for the first time it gives me:
Could not open virtual machine: C:\Users\Jad\Documents\Virtual Machines\Windows 7\Windows 7.vmx

A file access error occurred on the host or guest operating system.

I have a 64-bit operating system so that can't be the case.

I tried installing Windows 7 home premium and Ultimate to no avail. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:13:32 pm by UrDeAd666 »

KenjiMishima

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2013, 07:31:18 pm »
I'm getting in error after installing windows 7, I installed home premium x64 and it fails to start the windows. Anyway to fix this?
It says "Windows has failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause."

Info: Attempting to load a 64-bit application, however this CPU is not compatible with 64-bit mode.

Could not open virtual machine: C:\Users\Jad\Documents\Virtual Machines\Windows 7\Windows 7.vmx

I have never encountered this before but I suspect that it might be caused by not having hardware virtualization in your bios settings enabled? o.o Try turning that on in bios settings at let me know if you can do it then.

UrDeAd666

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2013, 09:15:44 pm »

I have never encountered this before but I suspect that it might be caused by not having hardware virtualization in your bios settings enabled? o.o Try turning that on in bios settings at let me know if you can do it then.

I've actually been looking into this a lot today, (with the help of BioBuley) and it seems my computer does not have a virtualization option in the bios. I have to do this thing called Flash somethign or other in order to put it in there. So I can't use Vm unless I do that but the flash thing is dangerous for ones computer. It could potentially damage my computer. The reaosn being my computer is MSi based custom made computer so it doesn;t have that option >.>. I'm still thinking if I should do it or not but I think its too dangerous. Here's the link I found on forums for MSi based computers
http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=108079.msg800577#msg800577. Maybe it could help some other people, I;m not very computer savy so this is all extremely difficult for me. Please don't try this unless your computer is fairly stable.