Author Topic: Running Aika Via Vm by KenjiMishima/GodOfTheSun[Win7 Edition]  (Read 22537 times)

KenjiMishima

• Just your friendly neighborhood pve scrub
    • View Profile
Running Aika Via Vm by KenjiMishima/GodOfTheSun[Win7 Edition]
« on: January 30, 2013, 01:08:55 am »
In order to run aika in a vm you will have to obtain VMware 7 or better, and a windows 7 iso or a disk.

Click new virtual machine, and then press next if you have a disk use the first option, if you are using an iso, use the second and browse to the iso location, you can just press next on the next 3 screens, you can choose to customize the hardware, allocate the amount of ram as you see fit, since I dont really use mine for anything I keep it at 1 gig, considering I only use mine for my nation less, and to buff myself, or to afk for talents. Click finish and wait for the vm to install and set up. Now this part is kind of tricky.

After it finishes installing you can shut it down, then go into start menu, press computer and go to documents, you will see a folder named virtual machines, click into it, and the one you installed should be there, go inside that folder and open the .vmx file with note pad and add the following lines.

monitor_control.restrict_backdoor = "true"
isolation.tools.getPtrLocation.disable = "TRUE"
isolation.tools.setPtrLocation.disable = "TRUE"
isolation.tools.setVersion.disable = "TRUE"
isolation.tools.getVersion.disable = "TRUE"
monitor_control.disable_directexec = "TRUE"

Save and exit the notepad, and now you can power on the vm again. You can install aika in the vm, and then run it and it should go through no problem. You will also need to do the following steps when the Vm is powered on.

1.Goto Run (a tool in windows where you can put any command for windows)
Type: Regedit

2.Navigate and Change this entry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-
BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000

Double Click on "DriverDesc" and erase the value.
DO NOT DELETE DriverDesc, if you do this Themida will look for other entries in your registry that tell it you are running aika inside vmware.

If you plan on actually trying to do anything with the aika running in the vm than you can increase the ram output. Beware that you should only really use this if you have a decent computer, this should not be done on crappy computers as this puts tons of stress on your computer.

As of now this only works with VMware Workstation, if someone has a mac and uses VMware Fusion please let me know if it works.

Additionally if after the above does not work for you you may need to do these steps.

BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000

DO NOT DELETE DriverDesc, if you do this Themida will look for other entries in your registry that tell it you are running aika inside vmware.

NOTE: If you're using W7 in your VMware, there are several "DriverDesc" you need to change. Use the Find tool of regedit (ctrl+F) 

For the record this is the file you are dragging into notpad.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 11:47:20 am by KenjiMishima »
(Godlike)-KenjiMishima 85 War

nosaleid

Re: Running Aika Via Vm by KenjiMishima/GodOfTheSun
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 10:49:41 am »
In order to run aika in a vm you will have to obtain VMware 7 or better, and a windows 7 iso or a disk.

Click new virtual machine, and then press next if you have a disk use the first option, if you are using an iso, use the second and browse to the iso location, you can just press next on the next 3 screens, you can choose to customize the hardware, allocate the amount of ram as you see fit, since I dont really use mine for anything I keep it at 1 gig, considering I only use mine for my nation less, and to buff myself, or to afk for talents. Click finish and wait for the vm to install and set up. Now this part is kind of tricky.

After it finishes installing you can shut it down, then go into start menu, press computer and go to documents, you will see a folder named virtual machines, click into it, and the one you installed should be there, go inside that folder and open the .vmx file with note pad and add the following lines.

Save and exit the notepad, and now you can power on the vm again. You can install aika in the vm, and then run it and it should go through no problem. There are other steps to go through but since I have had success going through this way I will post these for now.

If you plan on actually trying to do anything with the aika running in the vm than you can increase the ram output. Beware that you should only really use this if you have a decent computer, this should not be done on crappy computers as this puts tons of stress on your computer.

As of now this only works with VMware Workstation, if someone has a mac and uses VMware Fusion please let me know if it works.

Additionally if after the above does not work for you you may need to do these steps.

BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000

DO NOT DELETE DriverDesc, if you do this Themida will look for other entries in your registry that tell it you are running cabal inside vmware.

NOTE: If you're using W7 in your VMware, there are several "DriverDesc" you need to change. Use the Find tool of regedit (ctrl+F)
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu <3

KenjiMishima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 01:28:38 pm »

Save and exit the notepad, and now you can power on the vm again. You can install aika in the vm, and then run it and it should go through no problem. There are other steps to go through but since I have had success going through this way I will post these for now.

BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000

DO NOT DELETE DriverDesc, if you do this Themida will look for other entries in your registry that tell it you are running cabal inside vmware.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu <3
Good luck!

thalesfelix

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 07:24:35 pm »
have anyone got this to work? if yes,please tell me,i will just format my system and put windows 7 64-bits as base OS to get a buff bot :D

Distortion

• Cannibal Plant Dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 07:38:12 pm »
workstation needs a licence? i can get the player but thats only v5 :/
xHibari 87 Warrior
xN4tsu 90 Rifleman
Former 3 x Vanovian Lord Marshal

tournesoll

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 10:27:54 pm »
yeah i have vmware working (got info from someone else, but this looks like the same stuff)
runs super slow for me once adding those settings to avoid xtrap, but enough for a buff slave

KenjiMishima

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 11:07:32 pm »
yeah i have vmware working (got info from someone else, but this looks like the same stuff)
runs super slow for me once adding those settings to avoid xtrap, but enough for a buff slave
Xtrap is still running do not be mistaken, and you can make it run better by adding more ram to the vm, depend on how much your comp has.

thalesfelix

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 03:32:32 am »
can it be made by using windows xp 32-bits as base system and another windows xp 32-bits on the vmware? o: anyone tested it yet?

edit: after modifying the thing on the regedit the second aika opened on the vmware ...both systems windows xp 32-bits
can just open the game for once,when i try opening the main game on the real machine it goes to black screen and dont get to normal anymore...any ideas?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 07:38:47 am by thalesfelix »

jaehyungzzz

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 05:57:21 am »
I don't have a vmx file there o.O
http://gyazo.com/5ecdec5aaa7dd81142e7f03a329e92da D:

nosaleid

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 11:30:33 am »
Once I open the file as a notepad and paste the stuff in it, I go and open the VMware and it says there is an error since the host server edited the file. Can anyone get paste this?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:18:17 pm by nosaleid »

thalesfelix

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 12:18:37 pm »
it worked,1 fps,i could buff myself...almost impossible to do...after a hour vmware workstation gave me a error and i needed to restart the computer cause it totally freezed,not counting with the logging time,took me like 35 minutes just to log in game,vmware way is most likely just opening the game,cause you can't really play on it,you could buff yourself 2 times before the error,like i did,i already uninstalled it,not worth it

KenjiMishima

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 04:20:38 pm »
can it be made by using windows xp 32-bits as base system and another windows xp 32-bits on the vmware? o: anyone tested it yet?

edit: after modifying the thing on the regedit the second aika opened on the vmware ...both systems windows xp 32-bits
can just open the game for once,when i try opening the main game on the real machine it goes to black screen and dont get to normal anymore...any ideas?
People with 32 bit computers should not really be doing this, You guys already have low ram as it is.

KenjiMishima

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 04:21:17 pm »
Once I open the file as a notepad and paste the stuff in it, I go and open the VMware and it says there is an error since the host server edited the file. Can anyone get paste this?
What os are you on/where are you pasting it?

nosaleid

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 04:28:55 pm »
Im on windows 7 (x64) and I opened the folder in my documents and pasted the stuff that you listed above inside the notepad file. This is how it looks like~

This is the error message I get~

KenjiMishima

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 05:16:09 pm »
Im on windows 7 (x64) and I opened the folder in my documents and pasted the stuff that you listed above inside the notepad file. This is how it looks like~

This is the error message I get~

Thanks for the screen shots I can see what the problem is, you are in the wrong area haha. You see the file that looks like 3 squares fused? You want to open notepad, drag that file over it and it will open, then you want to add those lines, in you will see that it looks different from the file you currently have open.

If you still get that error it might be because you changed the file association of that file you currently have open.

I hope this helps