Author Topic: Strange Bella/Grace/Reflect interaction: thoughts?  (Read 514 times)

AntiMacroLeader

• View Profile
Strange Bella/Grace/Reflect interaction: thoughts?
« on: March 20, 2017, 08:38:18 am »
Hello everyone,

So in the video linked here you'll see that shortly after 4:45, a couple things happen. My ward is already down, and my grace is just running out. I cast my reflect blow, and a DG applies belladonna to me. As the DG applies belladonna, DinoKitteN graces me (you can see the mana given and the immunity buff) however, I take no damage, neither do either of the DGs on screen, and finally, Kitten doesn't take damage either. What happened in this interaction that prevented me from taking the Bella/AG damage? Where did the damage go if it was reflected?

https://youtu.be/vBzVZquyO_s

Thanks for your input,

Atomic
AtomicPancake's YouTube Channel

My problem with macros isn't the fact that it gives an unfair advantage, but that people don't play the game themselves.

AnnieHastur

• i like crayons :o
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: Strange Bella/Grace/Reflect interaction: thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 10:14:30 am »

I made it a point to watch the bloody video in 1080p to get a blow by blow screenshots LOL. will upload them here later lmao

I promise I was a cat first before being a Dino

The DC Update
Super Saiyan Rift

AnnieHastur

• View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 11:59:07 am »

I do not normally do things like this but since my name popped in this very crucial moment I took the time to "fillet" (Im currently eating tuna sushi atm dont hate LOL) the situation. The images you see below are basically the crucial moments I was talking about. I made it a point to highlight whatever I can highlight and pretty much self explanatory commentaries are there as well. I do encourage you people to check the original link where i uploaded the images since I am not quite sure if the forums will let u do the zoom in thingamabob stuffies.

1st Image

Click HERE if you want to see the original uploaded image

2nd Image

3rd Image

4th Image

5th Image

6th Image

7th Image

8th Image

9th Image

10th Image

Thank you for wasting your time looking in to this LOL. jk jk

This is just my take on it. I'd be very happy to be corrected. I didnt say that my "filleting" of the situation is 100% correct. I encourage corrections if necessary.

And in case ya'll are wondering my AG is at level 5 only that is why I heal poorly on it. My setup on my cleric is a hybrid of pvp and pve technically level 10 tempest, maxed buffs for bless AL and AB, level 1 holy water just bcoz everyone else has higher level holy water and no one bothers to stick with level 1, level 1 glory flower EC rejuv and the aoe shield thingy, maxed Angelic Armor shield, maxed all damage skills. so uhmm yeah :3

The DC Update
Super Saiyan Rift

666bonez666

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 05:46:33 pm »
  Dg has been needing a nerf for a long time...  they've pretty much screwed every class on one or more good skills except the dg... warriors two best skills were nerfed like fear and at that cap it made stunlocking/disabling enemy into a slow but sure death slightly harder.. bloodstrike nerfed due to ppl saying it was too op and one shots were pissing off everyone into rage quits... 

I think it's time for the Dg nerf .... every other class had to adapt to the changes made to their toons causing them to change builds/experiment with new techniques. Even the common low lvl 85 or under can stunlock/disable forever...  Gm... Do it  :D

AntiMacroLeader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 06:33:21 pm »
  Dg has been needing a nerf for a long time...  they've pretty much screwed every class on one or more good skills except the dg... warriors two best skills were nerfed like fear and at that cap it made stunlocking/disabling enemy into a slow but sure death slightly harder.. bloodstrike nerfed due to ppl saying it was too op and one shots were pissing off everyone into rage quits... 

I think it's time for the Dg nerf .... every other class had to adapt to the changes made to their toons causing them to change builds/experiment with new techniques. Even the common low lvl 85 or under can stunlock/disable forever...  Gm... Do it  :D

Actually, I'd argue that DG is one of the most challenging and rewarding classes to play. You have to time skills quite precisely and just slamming your head into the keyboard will most certainly promise that you will die with very little effect on whatever was going on in game. :)

My problem with macros isn't the fact that it gives an unfair advantage, but that people don't play the game themselves.

AntiMacroLeader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 09:58:45 pm »
Upon further investigation in a controlled environment, we came to the conclusion that Bella healing someone with reflect up mitigates the damage, but does NOT reflect it back to the DG. The damage dealt to ShevaMeows was from another source.

https://youtu.be/U32NtiFXS0U

I've contacted the GMs to see if this is behaving as intended or if you should still receive damage, or, if the damage should be reflected back to either the CL or DG.

Vampa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 10:15:53 pm »

Actually, I'd argue that DG is one of the most challenging and rewarding classes to play. You have to time skills quite precisely and just slamming your head into the keyboard will most certainly promise that you will die with very little effect on whatever was going on in game. :)

ya, i agree is hard  for DG to  do  anything, and  they  definetly  dont need  a  nerf  but  a   upgrade, make  heatbreak  cd  1  sec  and  the  stun  for  longer  , give them  self  ag  too or pred ....
any  class need to  use  their  skills  on time  to  do the  best, dg  dont  want to die?  everybody dies but  if  want to be  harder to kill  stack  more dodge , plus  armor , and  get  crit resist  too.

AnnieHastur

• View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 11:37:47 pm »

i think what we did was bella reflect then AG. im not sure if its the same result if it were reflect bella ag. but yeah oh well. as long as its cleared out :3

question still remains doe.. will a warrior be able to block bella? :3

The DC Update
Super Saiyan Rift

Eternia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 11:42:05 pm »
1) The damage should go to the cleric if anywhere since the heal is coming from them and the damage will be calculated from the heal, and whats my pilot doing in the vid! lol Also deliverance has always neutralized Bella even b4 the update of it removing 1 debuff, and Divine Ward always went to 1 tick after a port b4 the text update. The reflect neutralizing Bella Heal is not new, back in the day reflect lasted only 1 hit so happened once in a blue moon. They will prolly just add this to the skills text if it was not intented and pretend it was lol (Like they did with DW) It prolly doesnt reflect damage coz it comes from a heal, prolly no code written to take that in to account for reflect lol, or the AG could be preventing the damage from going anywhere, AG prevents reflected damage (on the AG'd person tho) Might as well test it with regular bella heals, and not an AG.

2) DGs don't need a nerf!

3) Block shouldnt be able to neutralize Bella Heal since it causes a miss, not a prevention of damage specifically like a reflect, the AG wont miss so Block/Parry can't do anything. Can always test to confirm!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:46:54 pm by Eternia »
I have never once deny macro increase DPS.
I have never once say macro is fair.
That still didn't mean I say it is unfair.

AntiMacroLeader

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 08:31:28 am »
1) The damage should go to the cleric if anywhere since the heal is coming from them and the damage will be calculated from the heal, and whats my pilot doing in the vid! lol Also deliverance has always neutralized Bella even b4 the update of it removing 1 debuff, and Divine Ward always went to 1 tick after a port b4 the text update. The reflect neutralizing Bella Heal is not new, back in the day reflect lasted only 1 hit so happened once in a blue moon. They will prolly just add this to the skills text if it was not intented and pretend it was lol (Like they did with DW) It prolly doesnt reflect damage coz it comes from a heal, prolly no code written to take that in to account for reflect lol, or the AG could be preventing the damage from going anywhere, AG prevents reflected damage (on the AG'd person tho) Might as well test it with regular bella heals, and not an AG.

2) DGs don't need a nerf!

3) Block shouldnt be able to neutralize Bella Heal since it causes a miss, not a prevention of damage specifically like a reflect, the AG wont miss so Block/Parry can't do anything. Can always test to confirm!

Actually, we did test with regular Bella heals as well. The same interaction occurred!

Eternia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 09:17:34 am »
Then there prolly is no code written to reflect heal damage/no code ever written for what Bella does on a pally with reflect up during heal :D Prolly coz none of the original programmer/designers thought of that scenario lol T3fun will pretend it was on purpose even if it wasn't lol None of the above things I mentioned were done purposely, it makes no sense for Deliverance to remove Bella but then the heal for not to work, the heal should either be doing damage if its calculated while Bella is on, or healing if calculated after its removed from deliverance...but the heal does nothing, which makes 0 sense. GMs eventually turned this Deliverance bug in to an effect that removes any 1 Debuff lol Same goes with the Ward bug. That's how Aika tackles skill bugs :D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:26:02 am by Eternia »

lolpfft

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 03:02:14 pm »
I made a pally this week(lvl 75 currently at time of post). I tested a duel with reflect..and the dude basically killed himself within the reflect's duration.
o.o;;

Eternia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 04:45:47 pm »
Alot of trigger happy ppl do  that, especially the ones using macro lol

sendsophia

• SendSarcasm
    • View Profile
    • Illuminati
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 08:26:11 am »
Alot of trigger happy ppl do  that, especially the ones using macro lol

I love watching WRs die.....just tooooo   lol
~Born Osty, die Osty~
Illuminati forever!
~99 pally sendsophia~
~99 cl sendie~
~99 rm PaleHorse~
~90 dg SendSouls~

Eternia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 07:28:20 pm »
Yeah there are far too many ppl zerging on reflect blow lol