Author Topic: Overcore questions  (Read 3125 times)

Robey

• Still a cute troll
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Overcore questions
« on: November 11, 2015, 04:11:30 am »
It says enriched gives 10% and normal Pell and Rub give 5%.. Can I used unlimited amount of enriched and normals? Or am I stuck with a 40% chance (other cores only have 4 slots for enriched)

If you overcore one piece of gear will you lose your set effects?

So we get an added stun? What else? I know it says improved gear and what not but what improves? And by how much?
And the stun goes through grace and ward.. can it be purified off? Can it be resisted? Or does it ignore the rules?

"Refinement Rates WILL Decrease after you use the Conversion Core."
Kind of screw noobs over with that one. What is the point of putting that on 80 unique gear?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:19:46 am by Robey »

MisanOne

• View Profile
Re: Overcore questions
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 04:26:58 am »
It says enriched gives 10% and normal Pell and Rub give 5%.. Can I used unlimited amount of enriched and normals? Or am I stuck with a 40% chance (other cores only have 4 slots for enriched)
40% + base % is the max.

Yes, the overcored piece belongs to a different set.

So we get an added stun? What else? I know it says improved gear and what not but what improves? And by how much?
And the stun goes through grace and ward.. can it be purified off?
Blue stats increase. The paralyze proc ignores everything and cannot be purified off.

Kind of screw noobs over with that one. What is the point of putting that on 80 unique gear?
The conversion from 80 to 90 provides better stats regardless of the decrease in refinement levels; It also provides another method of obtaining a 90 set.

MisanOne - Lead Moderator, AikaNA

Robey

• Still a cute troll
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 04:37:24 am »
40% + base % is the max.

Yes, the overcored piece belongs to a different set.

And the stun goes through grace and ward.. can it be purified off?
Blue stats increase. The paralyze proc ignores everything and cannot be purified off.

The conversion from 80 to 90 provides better stats regardless of the decrease in refinement levels; It also provides another method of obtaining a 90 set.
What is the base % then.. ?
Even if it provides another way to get a 90 set.. why decrease the chances to plus it? It's hard enough to plus gear not only that 90 gear is no good till you core it and you gotta plus it to do that. And if it turns into 90 set will it be plus 0? Because that's even worse. xD

MisanOne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 04:48:52 am »
Even if it provides another way to get a 90 set.. why decrease the chances to plus it? It's hard enough to plus gear not only that 90 gear is no good till you core it and you gotta plus it to do that. And if it turns into 90 set will it be plus 0? Because that's even worse. xD

We can't release base rates on reinforcement; Lets just say its anywhere from 40-45% maximum.

The reinforcement rate only drops by 3 levels per piece.. when you compare the sets the drop in reinforcement is negligible; The player still receives a net increase in overall stats with the possibility of even greater improvement, over the old sets, in the future through additional reinforcement.

Robey

• Still a cute troll
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 05:01:46 am »

We can't release base rates on reinforcement; Lets just say its anywhere from 40-45% maximum.

The reinforcement rate only drops by 3 levels per piece.. when you compare the sets the drop in reinforcement is negligible; The player still receives a net increase in overall stats with the possibility of even greater improvement, over the old sets, in the future through additional reinforcement.
So max is about 80 or 85%? My gear still has a chance of breaking no matter what I do?!?!

So don't get a 90 set you get a 80 set stuff with 90 set stuff? Because I assumed you'd get a clean 90 set and possibly green stat transfer. (If not 90 set isn't over all better than 80 until you core it, especially plus 0 90 set) If it's slightly better than an original 90 set even with low reinforce rate it might be worth it once you core it. Will you be able to overcore a conversion set?

apetecer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 05:16:06 am »

drops 3 per lvl D:
+12 --> +9
then core it
thats op af
all will just convert 80uni lol, cheaper to plus, easier to plus, higher plus

Skipalicious

• Your stalker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 06:29:41 am »
I thought overcore process only allow one (1) enriched/extract used. in other word, only "base rate" + extract rate (normal 5%, enr 10%)
refer picture :

And the stun goes through grace and ward.. can it be purified off? Can it be resisted? Or does it ignore the rules?
I believe it is not a stun, but an immobilized debuff much like awakened set.

drops 3 per lvl D:
+12 --> +9
then core it
thats op af
now thats sad. so +12 sets will only be +9 then. how does uncored +9 heaven compare to +12 cored armageddon?

I AM IN THE FUTURE! 12 Hours ahead of you!  MY TIME : GMT+8
IGN     :
1) Skipalicious - Nationless
2) Skipal1cious - Vanov

apetecer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 06:57:59 am »
I thought overcore process only allow one (1) enriched/extract used. in other word, only "base rate" + extract rate (normal 5%, enr 10%)
refer picture :

I believe it is not a stun, but an immobilized debuff much like awakened set.

drops 3 per lvl D:
+12 --> +9
then core it
thats op af
now thats sad. so +12 sets will only be +9 then. how does uncored +9 heaven compare to +12 cored armageddon?

yeah i have the same thought as you but on second look
look at the "Overcore Cost Extracts"
there's (s) in the  "Overcore Cost Extracts" which implies more than 1 lol i think hopefully right
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 06:59:38 am by apetecer »

DukeOfHorror

• When you Assume, you make an ass of u and me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 07:16:17 am »
If you lose +3 reinforcement with conversion core i don't think it's worth it, since it'll be cheaper to just sell the cored 80 unique and buy a decent plus 90 unique.
DukeOfHorror 99 Sniper

"In wars, fools kill other fools for foolish causes" -Thom Merrilin

QuiteRia

• Freaking out
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 07:16:28 am »
May I ask too? What does the "Item Appraisal Possible" ? it shows up in the part that i overcored it
The past is a story we tell ourselves

I think anybody who falls in love is a freak.

It's a crazy thing to do.
It's kind of like a form of socially acceptable insanity.

Jeremiah

• I think... oh wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 07:30:42 am »
If you lose +3 reinforcement with conversion core i don't think it's worth it, since it'll be cheaper to just sell the cored 80 unique and buy a decent plus 90 unique.

Means that 85 honor set I never could sell may be worth something...

Status - Quit Playing PS

MisanOne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 08:04:07 am »
2. Conversion Core System Update

+7 Cored Level 80 Unique Equipment (Armageddon/Twilight/Life/Dawn) and Cored Level 85 Honor Equipment can be converted to Level 90 Heaven Set Equipment.

- The Conversion Cores can be obtained from Nick Yarsh’s repeatable quest in the center of Regenshein.

- Requirements: Shining Meteor Fragments (102x), Roots of Evil (124x), and Athlons (38x)

Using the Conversion Core:

The system works similar to the Core Augment System:

- You will need the necessary materials: The Conversion Core, the Equipment you want to convert, and Gold. You can add Rank S Extracts or Enriched Extracts if you want to improve the success rate (Pellurite Extracts for Weapons, Rubicine Extracts for Armor).

- Right-click the Conversion Core.

- Place the item in the UI.

- Add Extracts to increase the success rate.

- Refinement Rates WILL Decrease after you use the Conversion Core.

So don't get a 90 set you get a 80 set stuff with 90 set stuff? Because I assumed you'd get a clean 90 set and possibly green stat transfer. (If not 90 set isn't over all better than 80 until you core it, especially plus 0 90 set) If it's slightly better than an original 90 set even with low reinforce rate it might be worth it once you core it. Will you be able to overcore a conversion set?

My understanding is that a successfully converted item goes from a cored +7 80/85 piece to a +4 90 piece; Existing enchantments carry over to the new 90 set piece. After successful conversion the item can then be overcored like any other 90 set.
(+7 to +4 is using base refinement requirements for the conversion process.)

Skipalicious

• Your stalker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 09:31:26 am »
you have to core it first before overcoring it.

I AM IN THE FUTURE! 12 Hours ahead of you!  MY TIME : GMT+8
IGN     :
1) Skipalicious - Nationless
2) Skipal1cious - Vanov

Robey

• Still a cute troll
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 09:37:45 am »
2. Conversion Core System Update

+7 Cored Level 80 Unique Equipment (Armageddon/Twilight/Life/Dawn) and Cored Level 85 Honor Equipment can be converted to Level 90 Heaven Set Equipment.

- The Conversion Cores can be obtained from Nick Yarsh’s repeatable quest in the center of Regenshein.

- Requirements: Shining Meteor Fragments (102x), Roots of Evil (124x), and Athlons (38x)

Using the Conversion Core:

The system works similar to the Core Augment System:

- You will need the necessary materials: The Conversion Core, the Equipment you want to convert, and Gold. You can add Rank S Extracts or Enriched Extracts if you want to improve the success rate (Pellurite Extracts for Weapons, Rubicine Extracts for Armor).

- Right-click the Conversion Core.

- Place the item in the UI.

- Add Extracts to increase the success rate.

- Refinement Rates WILL Decrease after you use the Conversion Core.

My understanding is that a successfully converted item goes from a cored +7 80/85 piece to a +4 90 piece; Existing enchantments carry over to the new 90 set piece. After successful conversion the item can then be overcored like any other 90 set.
(+7 to +4 is using base refinement requirements for the conversion process.)
Then these benefits you were talking about really aren't that great. Because like I said an uncored 90 set isn't that great. But I guess I misunderstood. I thought it meant the % to plus it decreases not the actual pluses decrease. Yeah I guess it's a nice way to get a set. But then again if it too is a 80 or 85% success rate no matter what you do, you lose everything. Cores ain't cheap.

MisanOne

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 09:46:36 am »
Conversion coring isn't something that i expect a lot of people will do; It just adds an alternate path to obtaining more recent gear.