Author Topic: OFF TOPIC : Need suggestion on developing simple system (programming)  (Read 2754 times)

Skipalicious

• Your stalker!
    • View Profile
I'm a student. As a part of the course work, I have to develop a system. Any sistem will do (including but not limited to website/software/phone app). I'm free to pick whatever system I want to make. I only know what I learn in class so I only knows html, php, vb, c, c++, c#, Java, and. NET programming languages. However I am willing to learn new languages if they are better suited.

The requirements are as follows :
1) uses database (I know SQL, and I use xampp, easyphp, mysql)
2) submit data, update, view, edit, query/search, and delete feature.

Yeah it's really simple, but I have no idea what system to make. I want it to be unique, creative and beneficial. Please share the love, give me some ideas!  Help me out!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 08:57:38 am by Skipalicious »

I AM IN THE FUTURE! 12 Hours ahead of you!  MY TIME : GMT+8
IGN     :
1) Skipalicious - Nationless
2) Skipal1cious - Vanov

Potion

• View Profile
Re: OFF TOPIC : Need suggestion on developing simple system (programming)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 09:56:12 am »
This is Aika related if you don't mind (hopefully your professors don't mind either xD)
I don't know if this is possible with the information we have on Aika so just an idea I've had for a while.

Create a website where you can build your Aika character. You can allocate stats, put on all kinds of gear and enchants, mounts, buffs, pran, etc. It should show a full list of stats for your character including stats we don't see on the character information. Like total CD, Crit resist, stun resist, etc. You can include a skill builder and also add stats from passives.

You would have to manually input alot of data into your databases since I don't think there are alot of databases out there with any of this information.

I think this would be very beneficial for some people on Aika that want to find best combinations in gear and stats.
If i'm not allowed to post this I'm sorry but I think this site gives a good example of this idea:
http://aion.aspirine.su/

Shinnobisty5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 10:45:44 am »
This is Aika related if you don't mind (hopefully your professors don't mind either xD)
I don't know if this is possible with the information we have on Aika so just an idea I've had for a while.

Create a website where you can build your Aika character. You can allocate stats, put on all kinds of gear and enchants, mounts, buffs, pran, etc. It should show a full list of stats for your character including stats we don't see on the character information. Like total CD, Crit resist, stun resist, etc. You can include a skill builder and also add stats from passives.

You would have to manually input alot of data into your databases since I don't think there are alot of databases out there with any of this information.

I think this would be very beneficial for some people on Aika that want to find best combinations in gear and stats.
If i'm not allowed to post this I'm sorry but I think this site gives a good example of this idea:
http://aion.aspirine.su/

As for query/search you could have part of the databse with all for say, rifleman sets w/ Effects. Then the person may simply type in a set name and select it to view statistics. Astrobunny AIKA DB still contains a load of information to assist you with any of that if you are going to head in Potion's supplied direction.

http://astrobunny.net/aikadb/simple.php?rifleman-equipment-sets

Skipalicious

• Your stalker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 02:54:14 pm »
Gonna have to ask her (my lecturer) first! QQ Hope she doesn't mind game related database system. QQ
A very good idea I must say. Will need lots of help from everyone regarding data.

I might just do it, but for it to be completed will take quite the time. I only have around 3 months to develop the system. Maybe I will skip some features first. hahhaa
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:56:30 pm by Skipalicious »

I AM IN THE FUTURE! 12 Hours ahead of you!  MY TIME : GMT+8
IGN     :
1) Skipalicious - Nationless
2) Skipal1cious - Vanov