Author Topic: Best WL Skill Chain  (Read 2623 times)

OsmosisJones

• View Profile
Best WL Skill Chain
« on: August 26, 2015, 06:21:46 pm »
With the new CC skills, I'm searching for an optimal 1v1 skill chain for WL.

As of now, mine goes something like this:

Incinerate > hellfire > ruinous > barbs > *run up to them* blizzard > aether flare > black hole > black twister > bunny > shackles > inferno etc...

My problem is mainly with Wars/DGs (blocks) and pallys/DGs(ward/resists). I also feel like I often mistime a stun and they end up getting out of the lock. So anyone with more efficient stun chains / strategies against certain classes feel free to share :D

supadupachuck

• View Profile
Re: Best WL Skill Chain
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 05:43:29 pm »
I use enervate.. So
Enervate[parry/sidestep]>Hellfire>RT>Barb>Flare>Incinerate>Silence>RT>Flare..
If they're tanky(I really hit like a bish)
Enervate[sidestep/parry]>Hellfire>RT>Bunny>..this is where I just play my hand..
If they are close up on you
Twister>Blizzard>RT>Barb>Flare>Inferno>Enervate[I wear a proc set]>Incinerate>Silence>RT>Barb..etc/gg
If not..
Incinerate>Silence>RT>Barb..then all your inferno/blizz/twist combos..etc/gg.

If you land a bunny and cant kill them then.. You messed up and should just run or you suck. I have to live with both of the two..lol

OsmosisJones

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 06:00:45 pm »
Hmmm interesting with the enervate. What level/how much damage per tick does it do for you? Cuz I was under the impression that it doesn't really do much. And how does having a proc set benefit enervate? The proc can't even be triggered by each individual tick can it?

»sayaka«

• Red Hats For One, Red Hats For All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 06:02:43 am »
Bunny > Incinerate, do we really need much after this? x)

http://aikaforum.t3fun.com/index.php?topic=12857.0 - My B/S List -
I guess I quit the game, just here to Troll.
The game WAS good, but it's not worth the money / effort some put into it. It is ran terribly

forumvendor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 11:50:27 am »
just comeback playing saya D:<

supadupachuck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 06:41:22 pm »
Hmmm interesting with the enervate. What level/how much damage per tick does it do for you? Cuz I was under the impression that it doesn't really do much. And how does having a proc set benefit enervate? The proc can't even be triggered by each individual tick can it?
I don't use enervate for the dmg. Its an extra skill to proc on and a troll skill for RMs so they cant pred/ghost..lol

OsmosisJones

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 02:22:10 am »
Oh yeah that's smart it disables pred/ghost for 6 secs :OOO

»sayaka«

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 06:46:37 am »
just comeback playing saya D:<

Get T3 to sort out aika's overflowing issues and i'll think of it :P

Just a random PVP Chain i'd use -
Bunny > Incinerate (this will kill squishys and around 50% - 65% kill tankies without DW / Parry / HoF) > RT > Mana Barbs
Also throw in a Aetheric Shackles to any Warrior / RM / Cleric, Silencing them makes your job easier, do it at your earliest convience.

But this was back in the 90 cap, i haven't played much since 95 cap, due to the drop rate "increase" which has made drops even rarer, the 95 honor set that can kill you by looking at you, and the numerous issues this game has with it.
So stuff could have changed depending on new skills and their usefullness.

One of the handiest tips i could say is ask Jeremiah, hes a really skilled warlock, thats assuming that he hasn't quit too though xD

The game WAS good, but it's not worth the money / effort some put into it. It is ran terribly

AikaPlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 04:45:59 pm »
You are using polymorph and ruinous thunder unoptimally. Polymorph as early as possible, not at the end of your chain. You need to concentrate your damage packets within the limited duration of Ruinous, which you fail to do when you are "running up to them".

Also, why open with Incinerate? Save it for balls.

Source: MourningRayne

AikaPlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 04:48:55 pm »
Also, where is your Mirrored Agony? You're a useless Warlock without that skill.

Source: xDiv, Aionarap, MourningRayne, Lcdoma

OsmosisJones

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 11:21:52 pm »
I open with incinerate because it's the fastest animation disable we have (at least I think).

Also, I'm aware that I'm not optimizing RT by spamming damage right after, but that "run up to them" is necessary if they're far away, as blizzard is short ranged. My original chain was created to minimize any stun gaps for them to counterattack.

At least, that's my thinking as of now. I'm still looking for a perfect chain that best optimizes DPS and stunlock, so if you guys have better alternatives please share !

»sayaka«

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2015, 06:12:53 am »
Due to Incinerate having one of the largest base damages (that inflict a debuff, else i'd use Black Hole), i always found it a great follow from Polymorth, the insane damage it deals to anyone unlucky enough to get hit by it was always nice...

Also Mirrored agony is an awesome skill... but you need a pocket cleric to keep yourself up... and though i stalked my clerics, few loved me like i loved them Q_Q

--- Just something to think of ---
If you have a good geared WR LM try to bunny other LMs / Archons for them to bloodstrike, i witnessed Sovereign 1 hit Rebel who was bunnied several times when they was both LMs :3

AikaPlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 06:04:38 pm »
I open with incinerate because it's the fastest animation disable we have (at least I think).

Also, I'm aware that I'm not optimizing RT by spamming damage right after, but that "run up to them" is necessary if they're far away, as blizzard is short ranged. My original chain was created to minimize any stun gaps for them to counterattack.

At least, that's my thinking as of now. I'm still looking for a perfect chain that best optimizes DPS and stunlock, so if you guys have better alternatives please share !
This is the dumbest excuse I've ever heard, and is not true. Fast animations are illusionary; all animations are equally cancellable except PBAoEs and ground target skills, which by default have shorter time intervals in between skills. You will never activate Incinerate in a scenario where you wouldn't have activated Hellfire or Aetheric Shackles. Don't waste a high-cooldown AoE disable on a single target unless absolutely necessary.

Shackles -> Polymorph or Hellfire -> Polymorph is the exact time window you need to perform this "run-up". At this point you can decide on which disable to use: Incinerate -> Inferno -> Ruinous -> Damage Spam will best complement Shackles, whereas Blizzard -> Ruinous -> Damage Spam -> Incinerate will best complement Hellfire (or specifically the lack of a Shackles).

Due to Incinerate having one of the largest base damages (that inflict a debuff, else i'd use Black Hole), i always found it a great follow from Polymorth, the insane damage it deals to anyone unlucky enough to get hit by it was always nice...

Also Mirrored agony is an awesome skill... but you need a pocket cleric to keep yourself up... and though i stalked my clerics, few loved me like i loved them Q_Q

If you have a good geared WR LM try to bunny other LMs / Archons for them to bloodstrike, i witnessed Sovereign 1 hit Rebel who was bunnied several times when they was both LMs :3

Howl of Blood is the only skill necessary to optimize Mirrored Agony. The difference between a MA Warlock and a no-MA Warlock is basically the difference between a Reloaded DG and a non-Reloaded DG.

Source: Cutback
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:06:53 pm by AikaPlayer »

MihaiST89

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 10:03:40 am »

This is the dumbest excuse I've ever heard, and is not true. Fast animations are illusionary; all animations are equally cancellable except PBAoEs and ground target skills, which by default have shorter time intervals in between skills. You will never activate Incinerate in a scenario where you wouldn't have activated Hellfire or Aetheric Shackles. Don't waste a high-cooldown AoE disable on a single target unless absolutely necessary.

Shackles -> Polymorph or Hellfire -> Polymorph is the exact time window you need to perform this "run-up". At this point you can decide on which disable to use: Incinerate -> Inferno -> Ruinous -> Damage Spam will best complement Shackles, whereas Blizzard -> Ruinous -> Damage Spam -> Incinerate will best complement Hellfire (or specifically the lack of a Shackles).

Howl of Blood is the only skill necessary to optimize Mirrored Agony. The difference between a MA Warlock and a no-MA Warlock is basically the difference between a Reloaded DG and a non-Reloaded DG.

Source: Cutback
learn to use mirror agony even if you are squishy and your life as a wl will be much better