Author Topic: Is Stun Resist a good enchant for walorcks? (UPDATE) Dex for wls?  (Read 2498 times)

bubblebutt

Wanted to ask whether Stun Resist 6% is a good enchant for Warlock Accessory?
Warlocks dont have any passive skills to stack Stun resist (unless they go 85 honor) so i was wondering whether 24% stun resist would be helpful or not?
At first i was thinking maybe not since it's only 24%, probably wont resist anything with such less resistance right? Correct me if im wrong. Also tell me whether
24% is a sufficient amount to resist stuns a decent amount of times. (if not i'll just go silence/dodge maybe? lol)
Please and Thank You in advance
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATED
Is half dex hald spi a good build lol someone suggested it... Or maybe full dex? I saw on warlock with full dex and idk if i wanna try it out or not xD
I'm going dodge built so far (got dodge on acce, and on armors later on) so maybe dex will help me increase dat dodge rate? idk help please lol
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:04:49 pm by bubblebutt »

»sayaka«

• Red Hats For One, Red Hats For All!
    • View Profile
Re: Is Stun Resist a good enchant for walorcks?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 01:15:26 pm »
From my experience (i have 2 Celeb sets, one with CD / Crit / Stun Res and one with CD / Crit / Nat damage), i find the stun resist at 24% to be quite good, obviously i dont resist lots of stuns, but i do resist quite a few, and so long as i dont get stunned by ambush im happy (ambush's stun time really annoys me xD).

It does work roughly 1/4 times so if you like resistances to annoying status debuffs that keep you from pvping then i'd say go for it... i just dont approve of Stun Res 6%'s prices

http://aikaforum.t3fun.com/index.php?topic=12857.0 - My B/S List -
I guess I quit the game, just here to Troll.
The game WAS good, but it's not worth the money / effort some put into it. It is ran terribly

Jeremiah

• I think... oh wait.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Stun Resist a good enchant for walorcks?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 02:36:08 pm »
24%is helpful. I suppose it depends on what your stats are. I prefer crit/cooldown and then either nation damage reduceor dodge, dependant on build, but it can be sub'd in.

Status - Quit Playing PS

bubblebutt

Re: Is Stun Resist a good enchant for walorcks? (UPDATE) Dex for wls?
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 02:10:30 am »
reply to the updated portion please and thankyou! XD

OnceUponATime

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 09:16:38 am »
I don't think I've ever seen a Dex warlock..but I know Saya mentioned a lot of Warlocks go with Dodge(in another thread). Dex gives you Crit and Dodge rate. So you would rely heavily on your Gear(mainly weapon) for the damage instead of the latter(Spirit/Int). But you could put dodge in your armor and use an Air Pran...get a 6th anni set...and either Arma or Heaven(Possibly +12 Sage with +12 Abyss Destroyer) set for the damage.

SlamsPigs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 05:48:17 am »
Quick question for ya's, regarding wl of course, actually class wise over all, regarding to skill bar set-up, class wise..

As far WR/RM/DG/PL, I keep 'basic' (1st attack, whether be sword/blade/rifle/pistol icon) in '1', for auto attack, obviously).. however..

For WL, and CL, casting, I'm finding myself NOT wanting staff/wand in the 1 spot, to avoid staff/wand smack for 'auto', as far as wl, I have fireball in 1, and generally electric in 2 slot, I've noticed that '2' does go into 'auto' attack as well, (electric being whatever it's called, 2nd skill after fireball)...

Anyways, same idea on cl, even though cl not having the over all attack options, which leads me to my over all question though..

As wl/cl, are we just stuck/screwed out of such 'quick/quicker' repeat attack due to 'casting'?? even though fireball is slated as a 1sec cast time??? (last I checked/remember), but clearly takes a good 2-3 seconds really..??

Is Hot-Key mapping a key factor regarding skills?? (no I don't mean us personally hitting keys in whatever order, lol). What I mean is, are 1,2,3,etc MEANT for certain 'skills'??

(so much for a quick question lol, hopefully someone gets what I mean, and over all really asking, as I myself am lost just trying to get my point/question across). :-!

»sayaka«

• Red Hats For One, Red Hats For All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 08:09:47 am »
Quick question for ya's, regarding wl of course, actually class wise over all, regarding to skill bar set-up, class wise..

As far WR/RM/DG/PL, I keep 'basic' (1st attack, whether be sword/blade/rifle/pistol icon) in '1', for auto attack, obviously).. however..

For WL, and CL, casting, I'm finding myself NOT wanting staff/wand in the 1 spot, to avoid staff/wand smack for 'auto', as far as wl, I have fireball in 1, and generally electric in 2 slot, I've noticed that '2' does go into 'auto' attack as well, (electric being whatever it's called, 2nd skill after fireball)...

Anyways, same idea on cl, even though cl not having the over all attack options, which leads me to my over all question though..

As wl/cl, are we just stuck/screwed out of such 'quick/quicker' repeat attack due to 'casting'?? even though fireball is slated as a 1sec cast time??? (last I checked/remember), but clearly takes a good 2-3 seconds really..??

Is Hot-Key mapping a key factor regarding skills?? (no I don't mean us personally hitting keys in whatever order, lol). What I mean is, are 1,2,3,etc MEANT for certain 'skills'??

(so much for a quick question lol, hopefully someone gets what I mean, and over all really asking, as I myself am lost just trying to get my point/question across). :-!

Later you will gain instand cast skills which will make you drop Fireball / Lightning orb, these are skills like Ruinous Thunder (lvl 79) / Aether Flare (like lvl 32 i think) / Hellfire (lvl 17?) and so on, but Ruinous Thunder / Aether Flare are instand cast with about 4-5 seconds CD, so combine them with something else thats quick with no cast time like soul trap and you and chain the 3 skills continuously, at least in my experience you can. As for hot key mapping i tend to have the more instant cast skills on my bottom line;

1 - Ruinous Thunder
2 - Aether Flare
3 - Mana Barbs
4 - Blizzard
5 - Hellfire
6 - Incinerate
7 - Aetheric Shack
8 - Black Harvest
(or something like this, havent played in about 2 weeks or more as the game is just harder to bother with)
obviously everyone will have theirs laid out differently, but i'd just suggest finding one that suits you.

Clerics... i stalk, dont play em :S
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:14:11 am by »sayaka« »

http://aikaforum.t3fun.com/index.php?topic=12857.0 - My B/S List -
I guess I quit the game, just here to Troll.
The game WAS good, but it's not worth the money / effort some put into it. It is ran terribly

SlamsPigs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 03:45:44 pm »

Later you will gain instand cast skills which will make you drop Fireball / Lightning orb, these are skills like Ruinous Thunder (lvl 79) / Aether Flare (like lvl 32 i think) / Hellfire (lvl 17?) and so on, but Ruinous Thunder / Aether Flare are instand cast with about 4-5 seconds CD, so combine them with something else thats quick with no cast time like soul trap and you and chain the 3 skills continuously, at least in my experience you can. As for hot key mapping i tend to have the more instant cast skills on my bottom line;

1 - Ruinous Thunder
2 - Aether Flare
3 - Mana Barbs
4 - Blizzard
5 - Hellfire
6 - Incinerate
7 - Aetheric Shack
8 - Black Harvest
(or something like this, havent played in about 2 weeks or more as the game is just harder to bother with)
obviously everyone will have theirs laid out differently, but i'd just suggest finding one that suits you.

Clerics... i stalk, dont play em :S

So there's no point nor benefit to having the staff or wand 'icon' in slot 1 like there is for the other classes?? Ah well, tym for the info though! :D

Darsia

• Big Mama Darsi
    • View Profile
    • eLands.co
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 06:11:40 am »
its rare i reply to topics but here it goes:
hmmm dex build for wl will not be good >< . you will be sacrificing a lot of mana just to have a few more critic points, reducing greatly the damage of mana based skills like mana barb and so on) also your mana will run out far more quickly. dex build for me is a big no no but im sure some wls out there might find it useful, for it also depends on what set you are using... so many factors to consider

sun resist is good but its only a life saver in 1v1. in raids just be with a war and get freedom and put cd / critic/ damage reduction/ dodge on your acc set.
but if you love to 1v1 then get an 85 honor acc set and put stun rest on that ! it works wonders :P

thanks and good luck