Author Topic: Pally Stronghold CHANGE IT  (Read 250 times)

Skillfullpally

• View Profile
Pally Stronghold CHANGE IT
« on: February 09, 2018, 08:21:44 pm »
I think it's time to change Paladin Stronghold... Mostly because i don't think paladins should have a skill based off of success rate.. The fact that little to no one uses it speak volume.. Now if this skill was more like the warlocks Mana-Shield (lvl 16 skill) the skill reads "Reduce 60% of all damage taken at the cost of 1.5 times the mana" if paladin skill was more like this a lot more players would be using that skill.. I would like to see NO Success rate on this skill or a higher chance around 80-90% of it working...

Strong Hold (OLD lvl 1) what we have..
Fortifies your stance and grants 10% chance to reduce all damage by 10% [Passive skill]

Strong Hold (NEW lvl 1) what we want...
Fortifies your stance and grants reduce all damage by 10% [Passive skill]

newbie123

• View Profile
Re: Pally Stronghold CHANGE IT
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 10:07:40 am »
Honestly, the chance will need to be increased to make it a skill worthwhile adding, but I would cap it at 30% max.

Paladins are probably the most unbalanced class currently in the game. They have the highest/ 2nd highest DPS. They have the highest physical and magical defence. They have Divine Ward, Quick Ward and even Defiance, making it even harder to disable them and land hits. Survivability is definitely not an issue and if anything, they need a nerf not a buff.

Skillfullpally

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 10:08:19 pm »
Honestly, the chance will need to be increased to make it a skill worthwhile adding, but I would cap it at 30% max.

Paladins are probably the most unbalanced class currently in the game. They have the highest/ 2nd highest DPS. They have the highest physical and magical defence. They have Divine Ward, Quick Ward and even Defiance, making it even harder to disable them and land hits. Survivability is definitely not an issue and if anything, they need a nerf not a buff.

You may think paladin are broken but that because your just bad and/or not setting Your self up at the right places to down their ward...I'm a paladin but i'm guessing u already know this.. i have little to no skills to use but yet i'm able to down a paladins and that's me having to run side by side them..If i was given a Warr/Wl/CL/Rm maybe DG a paladin wouldn't be able to get to far from temple with his/her ward up... just to be clear.. yesterday i downed a paladins ward before they were able to get to right eye from amark temple.. i'm a paladin and i down the ward that fast without skills to spam.. yet you people can't for some reason?? i blame the players reaction speed and skills when it comes to downing paladins ward.. it's not a OP skill you guys just need to Get Good...

Just want to throw this out there for players that may not know 8 Pdef = 1 less taking damage just because a pally has abit over a warr doesn't make paladin much tankier. so paladin having 4k Pdef over Warr(s) isn't doing much... 500 less taking damage... what makes a paladin a bit more tankie is the - damage percentage on their shield.. For the paladin ward that everyone QQs about.. It really isn't OP at all...just think for a seconds... pally have only 12 ticks a cast.. Warr(s) Gash removes 2 tick spamed ever 6-8 seconds not to mention the other 8+ skills they are able to spam ... Cleric casti removes 5 ticks Spammed ever 25 seconds with broken range.. WL Volt Rain removes 3 ticks each time it hits ward.. that can be up to 1-5 times in one cast coming to a total of 15 ticks removed... For Mdef pally dont have more then WL or CL.. PLZ dont do it PLZZZZZ dont get me started on damage...Paladins doing the most damage... Warrs are able to tag players with 100k Blood strike... +12 players are getting killed in a few shots from preds...when a +12 paladin has to sit there and hack and slash at 1 target for for a good while to down them...and if a pally is killing u fast...your under geared and they are full +12 DPS build...

Wl/CL have more Mdef than a pally (FACT)
RM/Warr/DG/WL do alot more damage than paladin. unless it's to Mob/stones (FACT)
Drivine ward is removed in 3 seconds thank to Cleric casti/WL volt rain (FACT)
Only a bad player would question this....

But what i want...is for u all to tell me....what can a paladin do without his or her ward.... Run?? are paladins not tanks? we shouldn't be dropping like flys!! but without ward we are left with nothing.. we are given skills to boost Pdef...but Pdef is useless hints while i made this post to have a change to strong hold 16 skill points for 35% chance... that doesn't work knowing how broken aika RGN is u can have 38% to plus ur armor and still fail 20-?? times...Do u really think we should take 20+hits before we get a chance to lower 1 hit??? I for one don't want wont spend 16 skill points for a low chance that my passive skill might work... How much hits do u really think a paladin can take before he/she is downed...and do u really want to leave it to chance when carrying a relic... NO

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:56:51 pm by Skillfullpally »

Skillfullpally

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 12:29:16 am »
today i used a alt to attack me for 1 hour while waiting for atc... it only worked 14 times ...so 1 hits every 2 second 30 hits a min x 60 for the hour 1800 hits and it only went off 14 times...it needs to be changed...i was using a WL btw... if u dont see something wrong with this skill then... only god can help u

enjoythegames

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 07:04:51 pm »
only paladins can understand Your post, yep i used to play pl too, really The stronghold skill is useless because of its success rate.
So, though all pls learned this skill, i think its not necessary at all to waste more than 1skill point on it.

mihaist89

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 08:42:40 pm »
Jesus, if you still complaining about pally skills not doing what you want at this cap, when pally is by far the strongest class in game... just GG.
Every class has ****ty skills... nothing will change

Vampa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 05:54:54 am »
Jesus, if you still complaining about pally skills not doing what you want at this cap, when pally is by far the strongest class in game... just GG.
Every class has ****ty skills... nothing will change

Oreo is looking for pl to have  AG ,  passive  stun resist 100% , silence resist 100%,  shock resist  100% , slow resist 100% and  why not  maybe  a  pred / stealth  skill.

Folcwine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 08:16:12 am »
Ya, give pallies a mana shield that dosent have the draw back of losing mana!

NightHaze

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 09:21:36 am »
I want 2 AGs.
I want  a bunny.
I want a some skill like "smash" that ignore all resists.
I want a casti.
I want a "last stand" so i can 1 shot enemies when im almost dead.
I want some passive skill to reduce my cooldown by 20%.
I want a bella and a heartbraker.
I want a pred.
I want a spot weaknes.
I want a parry and sidestep.
I want your sister.
I want to have 2-3 stuns instead of 1 so i can stunlock.
I want some skill to resset all my cd and right after reduce it by 60%.
I want a 40 secs snaring so i can avoid 3 ppl to down my dw in 2 secs.
I want a passive skill to reduce aoe dmg by 30% or more.
I want your mother.
I want a skill to increase my critical dmg by 50%.
I want a skill to increase crit rate by 30 or more.
I want  a skill that make me hit 70k+ on full 12 players.
I want to have a teleport skill.
I want a 10 seconds silence.

Everything
EVERYTHING!!!!!!

what class i think is strongest atm?  => warrior
why?
they never need to stop fight and wait cd and with a +12 gear they are tanky as fk and have no trouble to down dw when they know how to play. Also infinity stunlock.

Considering a long fight pl is basically a dw dependent class ( talking about 1 vs 1  becoz everyone is op fighting with 35 cls healing  u). Strong hold and should be deleted and replaced with something  without % to work.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:32:46 am by NightHaze »

Vampa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 09:39:11 am »
I want 2 AGs.
I want  a bunny.
I want a casti.
I want a pred.
I want a spot weaknes.
I want your sister.
I want your mother.

Everything
EVERYTHING!!!!!!

why?
they never need to stop fight and wait cd and with a +12 gear they are tanky as fk and have no trouble to down dw when they know how to play. Also infinity stunlock.

Considering a long fight pl is basically a dw dependent class ( talking about 1 vs 1  becoz everyone is op fighting with 35 cls healing  u). Strong hold and should be deleted and replaced with something  without % to work.

u can have  my father   :D

and  as mihaist  said it  if   cant  do it  with  current  pl skills  then is not  the pl is u.

Pl  can  have  crit 160-190 , Da  50-75 this  with an op Dodge  and  perma  ward ( quick ward ) defiance, and if  on top of that u can  run fast  , GG.

NightHaze

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 09:55:24 am »
I want 2 AGs.
I want  a bunny.
I want a casti.
I want a pred.
I want a spot weaknes.
I want your sister.
I want your mother.

Everything
EVERYTHING!!!!!!

why?

u can have  my father   :D

and  as mihaist  said it  if   cant  do it  with  current  pl skills  then is not  the pl is u.

Pl  can  have  crit 160-190 , Da  50-75 this  with an op Dodge  and  perma  ward ( quick ward ) defiance, and if  on top of that u can  run fast  , GG.

Im not a PL im a RM. I want my "perma ward" atlast :D, because 12 ticks can go down in 3~5 seconds and 5 ticks... the lower cd on dw i saw till now was like 60 secs so...

brb lunch.

Apolo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 02:46:01 pm »
I played pl for a few time and i agree that stronghold is useless and depending on the classes u are fighting dw is not that big thing. All classes have some skills that dont work or wont worth even with the max of points anymore, all this should be removed and replaced with something usefull, not only on pl.
kid's logic:

_"if u dont agree with me u suck"

a kid.

¯\(°_o)/¯