Author Topic: Is it worth it to come back and play?  (Read 1037 times)

DeeJay

• View Profile
Is it worth it to come back and play?
« on: August 08, 2017, 05:54:00 pm »
Is it worth it to start fresh? Is the game as or more active as it used to be?

♥PAW♥

• View Profile
Re: Is it worth it to come back and play?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 07:01:09 pm »
dead XD

Musicianist

• Is me hebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 10:54:43 am »
The game is basically the same as it has been for a while, although there has been a decrease in players it seems (I just got back recently). It's pretty quiet until relics start unbinding. You'll usually see at least a few parties from Feo, Osty, and Len lately. Aleth can be kinda dead and Idk about Van.
Musicianist - Aleth RM

Skillfullpally

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 12:21:30 pm »
That depends..If you have a few hundred dollars you're willing to throw at aika and, don't mind being semi afk all day just to have 30mins-2 hours of pvp... then i don't have any problem recommending aika for you, you no longer have any reason to read further...........but if you're one of the unlucky players without a good amount of money to throw at aika...i Can't...i Won't...recommending this game for you.... The reason why i say that is, mostly due to the pricing in the game at this point... For you to level and buy a set in aika anything that won't get you one shot will cost you...let's say the set is worth 200k Gb = 260,000,000,000.. that 260 billion gold..... think of all the mind-numbing farming you would have  to accomplish to get you something like that..That is also why i can't recommend this game to newcomers. the lower dungeons offer players 200k a run LCE offer you about 1mil..Aika is a dead game with inflated prices and, many many inactive hours throughout all the nations...This gives newcomers little to no way of getting large amount of gold on there own.. and depending on others won't get you far..

Chi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 05:46:56 am »
the game has been dying for a few years now and is still up and running ...
most populated / active nations are Osty, Van and Feo .. least is Len and Aleth.
old players come back for a couple months and leave for a couple months ... new players come for a couple months get frustrated and leave (more often over being treated poorly by older players and secondly by the limited ability to make enough in game gold to purchase sets) if people would consider lowering their prices on certain items to make them more affordable to new players with limited funds.. they would able to compete in the pvp portion of the game and might help to rebuild the player base ..
I am sure we all recognize that pve will only get you so far.
if you are looking for a game to "no life"  aika  would be a very poor choice as the active times of each nation is random at best.
PVP is sporadic and sometimes non existent.
There is little to no in game support from the Admin .. aside from support tickets.
With the complete wipe of the forums recently, i wonder just how much longer Aika NA will be around.

i can not  with good conscience recommend  coming back to Aika if you are looking for something more than just a casual way to spend your spare time. It really isn't worth spending real money on OP gear and a ready made toon as i doubt you will get your money's worth in play time and enjoyment.

you can lvl up from 10-30 in less than 5 min, from 30 - 50 (100%) in the span of 5 quests, do the promotion quests in less than 30 min (if you get lucky with the holy grail)  ATC every hour and f12 for up to 4 hours a day, farm dungeons for zereka coins (which drop in ALL dungeons as long as the mobs are blue or higher) at lvl 71 you can do daily quests in regenshein / disceroa and traband, and farm asteria for a certain number of hours a day ... by the time you reach lvl 80 you could have enough zereka coins to get a lvl 80 +10 uni set @ 250 zereka coins ... or you can save for a the  7th anni set (1000 zereka coins per piece) ... farm abyss for the ruby cores to augment it ...  do the conversion core quest to change your  lvl 80 +10 uni to a lvl 90 +7 uni ... core it and O/C it ... and go from there.

you can participate in pvp, go to arenas and farm kills to get onyx (which give 10% exp per) and work towards getting the 95 honor set .. do daily quests at 95 to get recipes for 95 cores (or buy from other players) ... keeping in mind this path requires a lot of time and energy ... but it is doable, or, you could just make the leap and spend real cash on another player's cast offs.

ultimately the value of your investment in the game will depend entirely on what you hope to achieve while playing ... remembering also that the game could close at any time.

LILRIPPA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 11:26:28 am »
person above is brain dead. the CORRECT active nations are

1. Osty - many clerics and random br's most active population currently
2.Feo - still very active due to being allied otherwise they afk during defense
3.Len - lots of pserver br's
4.Aleth - complains and pretends they dont have players but they do .. xeagor wont pvp without 30 ppl helping him.
5.Vanov
and vanov currently doesnt have a LM or archons.

Chi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 12:37:24 pm »
most populated / active nations are Osty, Van and Feo .. least is Len and Aleth.
old players come back for a couple months and leave for a couple months ... new players come for a couple months get frustrated and leave (more often over being treated poorly by older players and secondly by the limited ability to make enough in game gold to purchase sets) if people would consider lowering their prices on certain items to make them more affordable to new players with limited funds.. they would able to compete in the pvp portion of the game and might help to rebuild the player base

pretty sure this refers to both Population and Activity ... and as i said ... activity is random in every nation.

Skillfullpally

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 11:15:05 pm »
Games dead if ur using any money on this game u need to be slapped

LILRIPPA

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 12:39:37 am »
i will do the slap

Skillfullpally

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 10:59:33 am »
we can all take turns slapping the players that pay :P

LILRIPPA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 11:13:06 am »
i mean alot of people play sometimes .. but they only play all together when every other nation is dead so they can have EASY PVP 30 ON 2 so i mean if more ppl played in opposite nations then ya aika could be good but the problem is players like xeagor or Rangers they only port out of there nation if they have 20 more players then your nation so i mean ill pvp un even odds but other people just log off thats the problem. People give up and people dont want fair odds. If people would stop being cowards and actually PVP whenever they see people instead of AFKING until they outnumber you...

Skillfullpally

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 02:18:26 pm »
right that sht pisses me off...player porting in the see if a nation is active or not... and only attack once everyone is sleeping... aleth been doing this for years..